Dear Voice of Hope Community,
As an organization that is providing pivotal mental health support to the community in these unprecedented times, we at Voice of Hope would like to ensure the safety of our clients and staff.
We are closely following the guidance of the Public Health of Ontario as well as the directives of Toronto Public health (Click Here To Read More) and updating our protocols to reflect the best possible practices recommended by them.
Please review the precautions we have in place to ensure the safety and well-being of our clients and staff.
Masks are mandatory in public places in the clinic. However, therapists are able to take them off when with a client with a closed door while maintaining social distancing.
Social Distancing Procedures:
- All staff and clients are required to keep 6 feet distance at all times.
- All waiting room chairs are now 6 feet apart with markers on the wall.
- Therapy room chairs have been moved 6 feet apart.
All new clients to be offered virtual and in person sessions at the time of booking:
- All In-Person clients are required to complete a COVID-19 Risk Assessment Survey prior to their attendance.
- We will continue to be paperless and have all payments processed online. We will not be accepting cash at this time.
Sanitising and Cleaning Procedures:
- Our team will sanitise the waiting room after a client leaves (door knobs, chairs/couch, front desk, waiting room table)
- Therapists are required to sanitise their space after each session.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE):
- Masks are available and should be worn by all staff while in the public space.
- Hand sanitiser is available for all Staff and clients to be used regularly.
- The staff is encouraged to wash their hands on a regular basis ( Soap and Paper towels available at the kitchen sink and the bathroom)
- All therapists are required to wash their hands after an in-person sessions with a client.
- The Staff are mandated to be vigilant in evaluating if they have any COVID related symptoms, using the guide from the Public health of Ontario for Self Monitoring.
- If any of the staff have flu-like symptoms or have come in contact with a known or a suspected case of COVID-19 , they are not to come into the office or sequester in an office, away from the rest of the staff and clients as soon as possible. They are to leave the clinic as soon as it is possible to do so safely and self-isolate. The staff members are to be tested for COVID at their nearest centre as soon as possible.
- If the COVID-19 test is Negative, they are welcome to resume your normal schedule 24 hours after being symptom free.
- If the COVID-19 test is Positive, they are to quarantine for at least 2 weeks since the symptom onset.
- The Admin Team will contact the clients who might have come in contact with the staff member to inform them of a potential exposure.
- All the staff at the clinic would be asked to be tested to ensure safety.
We look forward to seeing you soon
Your Growth Starts Here
Flexible appointments and urgent care.